play it again
I was updating my iTunes playlist of cover songs today, and I figured maybe I'd post it here. Suggestions for new additions are welcomed.
1. Tricky, "Black Steel"
2. Lauryn Hill, "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You"
3. Los Lobos, "Come On, Let's Go"
4. Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah"
5. Johnny Cash, "Hurt"
6. Cake, "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"
7. The Roots feat. Cody Chestnutt, "The Seed 2.0"
8. Cassandra Wilson, "Time After Time"
9. The Corrs feat. Bono, "When the Stars Go Blue"
10. Nirvana, "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?"
11. The Sundays, "Wild Horses"
12. Ryan Adams, "Wonderwall"
1. Tricky, "Black Steel"
2. Lauryn Hill, "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You"
3. Los Lobos, "Come On, Let's Go"
4. Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah"
5. Johnny Cash, "Hurt"
6. Cake, "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"
7. The Roots feat. Cody Chestnutt, "The Seed 2.0"
8. Cassandra Wilson, "Time After Time"
9. The Corrs feat. Bono, "When the Stars Go Blue"
10. Nirvana, "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?"
11. The Sundays, "Wild Horses"
12. Ryan Adams, "Wonderwall"

5 Comments:
If you like those, you might like :
1. Jeff Buckley's covers of "I shall be released" and "Yeh Jo Halka Saroor He" (both from his live album)
2.Six-pence-none-the-richer's "Don't Dream It's Over"
3. Rufus Wainwright's "Across the Universe"
Thanks for the suggestions! Is "Yeh Jo Halka Saroor He" a Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan track? (I'll have to check out the original as well...)
I'll probably never completely forgive Sixpence None the Richer for daring to mess with the perfection that is The La's "There She Goes," but I'll give their "Don't Dream It's Over" a shot anyway.
Yes that's JB covering Nusrat. Nusrat's voice is superior but I liked what JB did with his guitar.
Actually I didn't know that "There She Goes" was a cover, and even of the existence of the La's. But I don't know that much really :)
I think The La's were pretty much a one-hit wonder. There was an interesting article about them in the Guardian a couple years back:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/fridayreview/story/0,12102,1099642,00.html
You knew that JB did a Nusrat cover, which is more than me!
ah, the la's. suddenly it's 1992 and senior year all over again. thanks. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home