stuff i like
I pretty much ripped off the idea for this post from McSweeney's Recommends.
5.2.05
Look Around You
This TV show used to be on after The Office on BBC America. It doesn't seem to be airing at the moment, but hopefully it will be back in the rotation soon. It's a pitch-perfect parody of '70s educational shows featuring science experiments and absurdist narration. What are birds? We just don't know.
The word "druncle"
I only became aware of this word a few days ago. Who doesn't have a druncle, blood relative or otherwise?
Saif Ali Khan
Generally I'm not into Bollywood stars, what with their tight pants and insistence on buttoning only the bottom three buttons of their shirts. Yet while Saif Ali Khan has a big nose and sometimes looks like a woman, I find him oddly attractive. To experience Saif Ali Khan's mysterious charms, I would recommend watching either Kal Ho Naa Ho or Dil Chahta Hai, but not whatever film this photo came from.
"Breathe" by Michelle Branch
Is there anyone less cool that Michelle Branch? Still, I love this song. If I were ever to direct a formulaic Hollywood romantic comedy, this would be the song that I used in the final scene where the hero races to the airport in order to prevent his true love from getting on the plane and leaving forever.
BugMeNot Firefox extension
This thing is great. It lets you read the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other papers online while bypassing the registration step. I don't have anything funny to say about it.
Cheap Seats
McSweeney's already recommended this TV show, along with Made. Nice work, McSweeneys. I'm going to have to disagree with them about made beds, though. What the hell is the point? The bed just gets unmade later that same day. Unless you're like my college roommate, who would tuck herself in tightly with her arms crossed over her chest like a mummy and somehow manage to fall asleep like that. Anyway, Cheap Seats and Made are both good shows.
"The Education of Elisabeth Eckleman" by Sarah Hepola
This is a serial online at The Morning News. It follows a woman through her freshman year of college, with a Choose Your Own Adventure-type poll at the end of each installment. I didn't initially expect a whole lot out of it, but now I find myself constantly checking back to see if the next installment has been posted yet.
Sketchy hot dogs
Specifically, the Cheddarwurst dog, available at your local Target, and the Sheetz MTO Chili Dog, available at your local Sheetz convenience store if you live in central Pennsylvania or nearby markets. The Target Cheddarwurst is an otherwise typical hot dog containing a molten channel of synthetic cheese at its core. The key to the greatness of the Sheetz Chili Dog is the chili, a simple mix of tomato paste and ground meat untarnished by the presence of beans or vegetables. If you're the sort of person who enjoys frozen White Castle burgers or fried cheese, you would probably enjoy these particular hot dogs.
Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson
I know it's been ten years since they split up, but can't they just divorce their respective spouses and get back together again? Maybe their spouses could get together, and then everyone would be happy. Everyone being me.
5.2.05
Look Around You
This TV show used to be on after The Office on BBC America. It doesn't seem to be airing at the moment, but hopefully it will be back in the rotation soon. It's a pitch-perfect parody of '70s educational shows featuring science experiments and absurdist narration. What are birds? We just don't know.
The word "druncle"
I only became aware of this word a few days ago. Who doesn't have a druncle, blood relative or otherwise?
Saif Ali Khan
Generally I'm not into Bollywood stars, what with their tight pants and insistence on buttoning only the bottom three buttons of their shirts. Yet while Saif Ali Khan has a big nose and sometimes looks like a woman, I find him oddly attractive. To experience Saif Ali Khan's mysterious charms, I would recommend watching either Kal Ho Naa Ho or Dil Chahta Hai, but not whatever film this photo came from.
"Breathe" by Michelle Branch
Is there anyone less cool that Michelle Branch? Still, I love this song. If I were ever to direct a formulaic Hollywood romantic comedy, this would be the song that I used in the final scene where the hero races to the airport in order to prevent his true love from getting on the plane and leaving forever.
BugMeNot Firefox extension
This thing is great. It lets you read the New York Times, the Washington Post, and other papers online while bypassing the registration step. I don't have anything funny to say about it.
Cheap Seats
McSweeney's already recommended this TV show, along with Made. Nice work, McSweeneys. I'm going to have to disagree with them about made beds, though. What the hell is the point? The bed just gets unmade later that same day. Unless you're like my college roommate, who would tuck herself in tightly with her arms crossed over her chest like a mummy and somehow manage to fall asleep like that. Anyway, Cheap Seats and Made are both good shows.
"The Education of Elisabeth Eckleman" by Sarah Hepola
This is a serial online at The Morning News. It follows a woman through her freshman year of college, with a Choose Your Own Adventure-type poll at the end of each installment. I didn't initially expect a whole lot out of it, but now I find myself constantly checking back to see if the next installment has been posted yet.
Sketchy hot dogs
Specifically, the Cheddarwurst dog, available at your local Target, and the Sheetz MTO Chili Dog, available at your local Sheetz convenience store if you live in central Pennsylvania or nearby markets. The Target Cheddarwurst is an otherwise typical hot dog containing a molten channel of synthetic cheese at its core. The key to the greatness of the Sheetz Chili Dog is the chili, a simple mix of tomato paste and ground meat untarnished by the presence of beans or vegetables. If you're the sort of person who enjoys frozen White Castle burgers or fried cheese, you would probably enjoy these particular hot dogs.
Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thompson
I know it's been ten years since they split up, but can't they just divorce their respective spouses and get back together again? Maybe their spouses could get together, and then everyone would be happy. Everyone being me.

2 Comments:
I've been using indiot, although I derived it independently. I guess it was just BEGGING to be coined so much so that it popped up in several places.
My definition would be: "the condition of being simultaneously an idiot and Indian."
I like that! I'll have to keep it in mind in case I see any indiot druncles.
Post a Comment
<< Home