yelling in the shoe store
The other day I went to the shoe store to look for some dress shoes for a wedding. While I was standing around, looking at the shoes on the clearance rack, this customer suddenly starts screaming "WHY WON'T YOU SELL ME THESE SHOES EVEN THOUGH I HAVE THE CASH TO PAY FOR THEM?" He's maybe 30, 35, sort of chubby, with greasy hair, and dressed all in black. The sales guy says something mostly inaudible about why he can't sell him the shoes, and the irate guy responds, "SIZE 13! 59.99!" The sales guy tells him to calm down, but the guy yells, "I'M THE CLASS OF 2003! 2003!" at the top of his lungs. Meanwhile, the rest of the customers are looking at each other and kind of cowering in the opposite corner of the room. So the sales guy tells the angry customer to leave, but he says he's not leaving until he gets the shoes. The sales guy says he's going to call the cops, and the customer walks up to him, a couple inches from his face, and starts flailing around violently. I don't think he actually touches the sales guy, who is only about 5'5" or so, a good bit shorter and skinnier than the angry guy. So the sales guy gets on the phone and says something in Spanish, then tells the guy to get out before the cops come. The customer says he didn't do anything, and the sales guy replies that he tried to hit him. The customer keeps saying that he didn't do anything, while the sales guy insists that he tried to hit him. He says, "I'm from Argentina; I understand violence." They reach a kind of stalemate, arguing back and forth as the guy refuses to leave, and I decide it's probably best if I just get out of there. So I go downstairs to go look at clothes and yet still be within earshot of the scene. A few minutes later, the angry guy comes downstairs and heads for the door, all the while screaming "GIVE ME MY SHOES, BITCH! GIVE ME MY SHOES, BITCH!"
So yeah, good times at the shoe store.
So yeah, good times at the shoe store.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home