happy new year!
I got back a couple days ago from visiting my parents, where I spent most of my time sleeping, eating, and reliving the 80s with Michael Ian Black and friends. Nothing very interesting happened, as you will soon see from my list of not-very-highlights:
1. I saw a group of Amish people at Circuit City. What could Amish people be buying at Circuit City?
2. I had to explain the meaning of "My Humps" to my mother. I also had to listen to my father sing along to the chorus of "Laffy Taffy" in the car.
3. I discovered that there's a TV show devoted to Christian skaters. My favorite part of the show was when the host said to the skater he was interviewing, "Some kids out there might be watching this and thinking, 'Dude, Jesus seems kind of wack. Why should I believe in him?'"
Yeah, I think that's pretty much it. Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

2 Comments:
Explaining "My Humps" to my mother = disaster! Commendations to you for getting the job done. Also, please explain the meaning of that song to me the next time we meet!
I'm intrigued by Laffy Taffy. When he tells me to "shake that Laffy Taffy" I assume he's referring to a woman's ass, but Laffy Taffy is a weird and inaccurate euphemism, I think. Isn't Laffy Taffy kind of stringy and hard?
And I always see Amish people at Walmart past 11pm, and they're always developing photos. I saw one Amish woman buy a DVD! I have a theory that they wait til afterhours to uphold their image.
Post a Comment
<< Home